Thursday, December 20, 2007
Take the Sting Out of Insect Bites
by Chet Day
There are almost as many insect bite home remedies as
there are seeds in a pomegranate.
Here are a few of the more interesting ones I've read
1) Soak the affected area with vinegar.
2) Put a cotton bowl dipped in ammonia on the bite to
draw out the stinger and reduce the pain and itch.
3) Smash up a clove of garlic and place the poultice
on the affected area.
4) Spread some honey onto an old cloth. Place some ice
cubes on top of the honey. Wrap up the cloth and
place on affected area.
5) Kill a rattlesnake and then eat some of the meat
every day for the next week. (I don't recommend this
one since monkeying with rattlesnakes is dangerous,
but I included it anyway for any snake handlers out
there reading today's health tip.)